Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 19, 2010

I have been doing pretty well on making changes to get healthy.

I have gotten rid of 95% of the junk and replaced it with fruits and veggies.

I have been trying to get more exercise in and get rid of my couch potato status. I really dislike exercise, so this one is a hard one for me. I am trying to at least get some time in on the Wii for 20-30 minutes a day. I went to Zumba on Thursday with a friend. I had forgotten how much I love doing Zumba and how fun it is. I also forgot how good it feels after an hour of fun, hard exercise. I will certainly be going back weekly to do that.

I am working my way through Beth Moore's book So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us. I also picked up the book Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth after a suggestion from one of my readers. I have read the introduction and already gotten so much out of just that.

Despite all the changes I have made, my blood pressure has not come down too much. It has moved down a little bit, but not as much as it needs to. According to the Wii, however, I have lost about 4 pounds, which I guess is something.

I am just disappointed that my blood pressure has not come down since that is my ultimate goal. I fear that despite all the lifestyle changes I have made, I will still end up on the medication.It is so hard to keep moving forward with the changes when my ultimate goal (lower blood pressure) does not seem to be within reach.

I know I am making progress. I know I am living a lot healthier. But will it be enough?





1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am so super duper proud of you, Missy! The changes you've made are HUGE and hard to make, but you're doing it!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you are discouraged, but keep with it, lady. :) 4lbs is AWESOME!