Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 7, 2010

I talked to my mom and she said that high blood pressure does run in our family quite a bit. That makes me feel somewhat better that part of this is just plain genetics and not entirely me. I know that I do have blame in this because my weight is too high and genetics didn't make me sit and eat half a bag of chips. However, it is highly likely that I would have had BP issues sometime in my life because of the genetics.

This weekend went pretty well. Weekends are usually the hardest time for me because Jon is home and he can eat whatever he wants and not gain an ounce. But I did pretty well. Definitely not perfect, but change is not going to happen overnight.


I have been snacking on veggies dipped in hummus instead of chips and sweets.
I have replaced most of my soda habit with water. This has been a big one because I have never really been a fan of water.
Instead of sitting in front of the TV every night, I have been doing at least 30 mins on the Wii, sometimes more.

Tonight I will be starting my Beth Moore book.

I also got a suggestion to try the book Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth so I am going to check that one out too.



No comments: