Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 12, 2010

  1. Okay, so I attempted breakfast this morning. I have heard a lot of people talk about "green" smoothies that have in the morning, so I thought it was worth a shot. I went and got some chocolate flavored protein powder and some fat free yogurt. I had some frozen fruits and a can of spinach in the pantry. So, away I went this morning to make my shake. Well, the protein powder didn't dissolve enough or something because it was still kind of gritty and powdery. And as far as the fact of not being able to taste the spinach, well, they were wrong; I could definitely taste it. So, I ended up dumping it and had a bagel and a cup of coffee. 
  2. I got in 70oz of water. 
  3. No exercise today. I decided that Fridays will be one of my free days for no exercise.


Anyone have any suggestions or advice on these "green" smoothies? What did I do wrong?


3 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for entering our giveaway. I am now following both of your blogs.

Have a great weekend. Tara @ Trendy Treehouse.

Dana said...

The only "green" smoothies that I know of involve purchasing green powder (which is a mix of different seaweeds, in powder form) and mixing it with stuff. I've tried it and it was gross (IMHO). I think it would make more sense to start with something low cal, high protein----some egg whites with veggies mixed in and a piece of whole wheat toast?

My Lipstick Life said...

A green smoothie just sounds wrong. I would dump the idea all together :) With that much water I would have to pee every 30 minutes! Great job.