Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thank you to all of my beautiful friends and your kind words. They were definitely helpful to me to step back and take a fresh look at things.

I think I tried to do too much all at once. I have to remember that it took me 31 25 years to create these habits and it is going to take a little longer then 2 weeks to break them. Sometimes, baby steps is okay.

So......I have decided to make 3 goals/changes to start with and then add 1 new goal/change each week. Hopefully this will decrease some of the pressure that I put upon myself as well as give each habit a chance to be changed and reinforced before changing something else.

Tomorrow's first set of goals~
  1. Eat breakfast; no matter what. And 1 cup of coffee does not make it breakfast.
  2. Exercise at least 20 minutes/day 4 times a week. 
  3. Drink at least 68oz of water/day.
Next Friday, I will add one more goal/change in addition to these beginning 3.


3 comments:

My Lipstick Life said...

Sounds like a great plan. We need to make sure what we strive for is "doable" right? Glad you're back in fighting shape :)

sarah said...

You can do it, Missy!!!!!!!! I am rooting for you!!!

Katie Kloster said...

Hey Missy--don't be too hard on yourself while setting up new goals and expectations. I have read different numbers on how long it takes to form a new habit--anywhere from 21 days to 60 days, depending on the personality, etc., etc., etc. So if you haven't formed a good habit in a week, don't be hard on yourself!! You should check out this blog post on forming good habits--I think it helps to put things in perspective and make sure that you are gentle with yourself so you don't get discouraged if you can't form a good habit right away. Like this person says...it takes a lot less time to form a bad habit than a good habit!
(Hmm...having problems posting the link--I'll send it to you in email!)