Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Meal Plan and Measurements

Wednesday
Breakfast~ Special K w/strawberries, coffee
Snack~ 1/2 banana
Lunch~ Tuna wrap w/avocado and lettuce, 1/2 apple, glass of milk
Snack~ Celery w/peanut butter
Dinner~ 1C Lentil soup, pear, glass of milk
Snack~ 3C popcorn

Exercise~ Well, seeing that I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a cough and the fact that i still haven't gotten my Shred DVD in the mail, I decided to take it easy and just do a 20 minute yoga workout.


Okay, so it was kindly pointed out to me by my friend Johanna that I should also take physical measurements. When you start exercising, sometimes you don't lose weight because you are gaining muscle as you lose the fat, but you can lose inches. So, here are my measurements. I will be checking my measurements monthly.

Waist~ 43"
Hips~ 46.75"
Arms~ 13"
Thighs~ 24.5"

I found a couple of cool tools on My Fitness Pal.

What is BMR?

You BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is an estimate of how many calories you'd burn if you were to do nothing but rest for 24 hours. It represents the minimum amount of energy needed to keep your body functioning, including breathing and keeping your heart beating.
Your BMR does not include the calories you burn from normal daily activities or exercise.
Our calculator uses the Mifflin-St. Jeor equations to estimate your BMR which is believed to be more accurate than the more commonly used Harris-Benedict equation. 
  
Your estimated BMR is: 1,311 calories/day

They also have a BMI calculator. And a weight loss ticker. They also have some a neat food diary and exercise log that you can use. Best of all, it is all FREE! Go check them out.

 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Fantastic fantastic idea from your friend! I think I will do the same thing... started some harder strength training 2 times a week, and didn't lose as much in December as I normally do. Wonder if it's the muscle? hmmmm.... Great idea and advice! Thankyou, Missy!

My Lipstick Life said...

Was checking out your other blog & thought we schould follow eachother for encouragement! http://desperatelyseekingsizeten.blogspot.com
Lets do this thing for His glory!